If I am elected my priorities are:
- Church Field I would support protecting this important green space, with the aim of preventing any unwanted development on it in the future.
- Flooding I support the views of the local Civic Society that there be no further house building permitted in this area until the flood issues are resolved.
- Road Surfaces I would support calling for increased funding from central government to invest in resurfacing projects, and to make up the shortfall in the budget for roads maintenance.
- Traffic Management I support the lowering of the speed limit in Limmer Lane, and exploring ways of enforcing it, and the introduction of 2 hour free parking bays in Bognor Regis Town Centre.
- Schools As your County Councilor I would lobby WSCC to build the new school on the land already identified for this purpose rather than expanding Downview with the associated traffic problems that will bring at certain times of the day, to those residents living nearby. I would seek to ensure that Felpham Schools get a fair deal in terms of funding, protect the playing fields and push for better sports facilities for all pupils in secondary schools.
- Regeneration I am against the St Modwen proposals of building a Multiplex on the seafront site, flats and the loss of parking in Bognor Regis. I would support a Regeneration Scheme that enhances and sympathetically restores our traditional seaside heritage and encourages independent and unique businesses in keeping with that tradition, rather than moving towards a clone town with chain restaurants and bars. Traffic flow problems into and out of Bognor Regis must be addressed before major new facilities are built and parking is reduced, all of which will have a major effect on the future success or otherwise of any regeneration projects which take place in the Town Centre. As a company director and investor in the Picturedrome I am of course, fully in support of it continuing to flourish and expand.